Friday, June 25, 2010

Gulchard & Fonda!

It's time for me to introduce you to my production alius. It is Gulchard & Fonda. Yeah, strange name, but rather simplistic in it's creation. I listen to a great deal of crime radio. One particular case caught my attention. In this case, the murder victim had the last name of "Gulchard". As for fonda, well, I kind of just made it up.

I've just finished my first EP under G&F, called "Gallion".

The title track, Gallion, is a dance odyssey. It begins as a simplistic, but funky house groove with plenty of growl and distruction behind it. It comes with a heavy driving bassline, and a repetitive synth line through the first half of the track. A Pryda like breakdown in the middle of the track gives it an uplifting approach. The track ends on a high, with all elements in full effect.

The second track, Galliard Otto Gilligan, got it's name in a much stranger fassion. A galliard is an old fassioned Celtic dance. The Name Otto was used to the track's German Tech influence. Well, Gilligan comes from the fact that this track is a bit geeky and a little weird.

Well, there you have it. Gulchard & Fonda. I hope to have audio clips of these tracks up soon, for your listening pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment